Sunday, October 28, 2007

#23 - Woohoo I did it!

This programme has been a fantastic experience. I have always been interested in Web 2.0 technology and having a programme with different applications for me to follow has been great. Although I had played around with blogs previously, participating in 23 Things has made me see outside the square and enabled me to challenge myself to get things done.

I had always thought that blog templates were pretty boring but thought that anyone using them was confined to what was offered. Playing with all the different applications made me think that there had to be a way to change things, so I had a go and managed to change the image for this blog, as well as the one for my personal blog.

I love looking at different programmes and applications that exist and trying to find uses for them at work and for my own self development. I now have a wiki for my department at work, as well as some ALIA committees I am on and have used Google Talk (as opposed to Google Chat) for meetings where members are in other states - cheaper than a teleconference (free!). I now use Google Reader for all my feeds and have found many more to add to my reader through 23 Things (like I didn't have enough before....) Flickr has been a great tool to use for sharing photos with my family and friends - I like the fact that I can make some public but have others private, namely family ones. Again, we are using an administration account in Flickr for a committee. Take a look here.

There were quite a few challenges, mainly IT restrictions at work, but I am sure there were many others with this issue. I was lucky that i was able to use the same user id when joining up to everything - makes it so much easier to remember!

I am really glad that I participated in this, as I found it very interesting and informative. Well done to the State Library of Victoria for implementing this programme across all public libraries and to Yarra Plenty Regional Library for facilitating it - job well done guys!

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Congratulations a Learning 2.0 graduate. I'm glad you enjoyed the program and may be able to find some uses for Web 2.0 applications within th elibrary environment
Well done!!!

Lynette